For the first time in the brief six-year history of our pizza poll, one contender secured at least half of the votes cast, and it was a familiar face.
What’s your favorite place for pizza in Rahway?
- Nancy’s Towne House, 50 percent (91/181 votes)
- Plum Tomato, 16 percent (30 votes)
- Tony’s Pizza Cafe, 7.7 percent (14 votes)
- Brooklyn Pizza, 7.2 percent (13 votes)
- Gio’s, 3.8 percent (7 votes)
- Nunzio’s II, 3.3 percent (6 votes)
- Other, 3.3 percent (6 votes)
- Michelino’s, 2 percent (4 votes)
- Subworks, 2 percent (4 votes)
- Gino’s, 1 percent (3 votes)
- KC’s Pizzeria, 1 percent (3 votes)
It’s the fourth time Nancy’s has won our poll (including one year when there was a tie among the top vote-getters). Anyone care to share who the 6 votes for “Other” might have been?
Nunzio’s II took home the top spot last year, with 40 percent of the 155 votes, outdistancing Nancy’s, which has always finished first or second. The thin-crust queen took home the title in the 2012 poll with 31 percent of the 87 votes cast, and 26 percent of the 183 votes in 2011.
Rahway Pizza won the 2010 poll with 34 percent of the 92 votes while Michelino’s and Nancy’s tied for the top spot in our very first poll in 2008, with 27 percent of the paltry 30 votes (hey, it was our first poll).
Thanks to everyone who voted! Any suggestions for future polls?