The developer, Capodagli Property Company, already has built the 88-unit Meridia Grand on East Grand Avenue as well as the 108-unit Meridia Water’s Edge, which opened last year adjacent to The Center Circle and Rahway Public Library.
The Linden-based firm also plans to build the 489-unit Brownstones in the site of the former Wheatena factory. The site is being prepared for demolition, which should begin soon.
Here are the vitals on Meridia Lafayette Village:
- Stories: 5
- Units: 115 — 60 two-bedrooms, 30 one-bedrooms with an office, and 25 one-bedrooms, from 500 to 900 square feet
- Parking: 115 spaces
- Planning Board approval: July 2012
- PILOT: 15 years, approved September 2012
- Groundbreaking: October 2014
- Anticipated completion: Spring 2016
- Retail: 1,000 square feet
- Developer: Capodagli Property Company