Two more properties for Landmark

Landmark Companies has acquired two more properties in recent months for a future project along Main Street.

A lot at the corner of Augusta Street (170 E. Milton Ave./Block 326, Lot 1.01) was purchased from the Redevelopment Agency while an adjacent property at the corner of Main Street (156 E. Milton Ave./Block 326, Lot 1.01) was acquired from 5th Ward Councilwoman Jennifer Wenson-Maier and her husband, Eric.

The Redevelopment Agency rented the vacant lot for $600 a month to Silcon Inc. during construction of Carriage City Plaza, according to City Administrator and Redevelopment Director Peter Pelissier. The agency purchased the property several years ago for about $140,000 before selling it to Landmark (under the name Main Street at Rahway, LLC) for $200,000. It was unclear how much the Wenson property sold for but the Redevelopment Agency had to consent to the sale last month as part of a property exchange several years ago.

***UPDATE: The property at 156 E. Milton was acquired for $875,000, according to property records, with a deed date of Aug. 14, 2008. Its most recent assessment was $267,500 in 2012, making for a $16,315 property tax bill.***

Landmark is trying to assemble properties along Main Street while it develops concept plans for a future project.

The Keasbey-based firm that’s building Park Square also acquired the former Woolworth building last year (1433 Main St./Block 326 Lot 6) for $1.45 million, according to PropertyShark.com. For the time being, that space houses Rahway Cafe and Stage, which signed a two-year lease earlier this year.

One thought on “Two more properties for Landmark”

Comments are closed.